Finding cool Mother’s Day gifts is the hope of every kid wanting to make their Mom feel special. Whether you’re still a child or an adult, letting her know how much we love her is important – not just on a holiday, but everyday.
“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
With the big day right around the corner, it’s time to make sure you have that perfect gift.
In today’s article, I’m going to share 127 cool Mother’s Day gifts that will bring her joy. I’ve divided the gifts into 5 different categories:
- Featured Mother’s Day Gifts
- Cool Mother’s Day Gifts (If You Have Some Money to Spend)
- Experience-Based Gifts Mom Will Love
- DIY Mother’s Day Gifts to Show Her You Care
- Subscription Boxes for a Cool Mother’s Day Gift That Keeps on Giving
And, of course, if you have any additional gift ideas you’d like to add, comment below! Also, if you find this list helpful, I’d really appreciate if you’d take a moment to share it on social media.
Now, without further ado, let’s get into the list!
(Disclaimer: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, which means we get a small commission if you purchase. This is no extra cost to you, but helps us keep the lights on!)
Featured Mother’s Day Gifts
The following gifts are some unique gems from around the web. They’ve been submitted by some really awesome users, and I’m happy to feature their cool Mother’s Day gifts in today’s article. Be sure to check out their suggested products and connect with them online!
If you have a gift you’d like to feature on this list, feel free to Tweet us or leave a comment!
1. An Adult Coloring Book
“What do moms truly want? We want to relax, unwind, a kid free day. Gift her a beautiful coloring book like this Mandalas to Color beautiful gift quality, foil covered coloring book featuring intricate patterns to color inspired. It’s a steal at just $5.99.” – Janel Case
2. A Customized Charm Bracelet
This beautiful charm bracelet is the perfect gift to make her heart swoon. Visit ILoveYouMoreJewelry on Etsy to get your order rushed and just in time for Mother’s Day.
3. Handmade Mother’s Day Card
If you aren’t crafty, that’s okay! Splendido Creations can make a beautiful handmade Mother’s Day card while you get to take all the credit!
4. #OC Mother Trucker Hat
“… because every OC Mom needs help keeping the sun off their face.” – Shelby Barone
5. Hand Carved Coffee Spoon
Does your Mom love coffee? Then she’ll love this hand carved wooden coffee spoon from Whole Grain Homes. Help her make that morning cup of Joe in style!
6. Spa from Wakaya
Give her a piece of paradise with the products from Wakaya Wellness. They sell organic, pure and proprietary products that help you get well, stay well, and be well, inside and out.
7. The Easy Flower Arranger
“Give mom the skill to arrange flowers easily! Easy Arranger is a handy dandy tool invented by a mom herself! Place the flower-shaped, wire grid over your vase, insert flowers and you have a perfect arrangement.” – Lisa Waddington
8. Diptyque Mimosa Candle
“… Diptyque candles are my favorite. They smell divine. I haven’t found a candle that compares to them. They make fabulous gifts for a special mom because they are quite a splurge, but so worth it.” – Sheila Hill
Experience-Based Gifts Mom Will Love
Sometimes you can’t afford a Mother’s Day gift. It happens to the best of us, and it’s totally okay! Our moms will love us anyway; they’re good like that.
Experience-based gifts are a great way to show you care – at times, even more than a gift can.
In this section, I’ll outline 15 different experiences to give your mom on Mother’s Day. Whether you’re at home or far away, there’s something for you here.
9. Breakfast in Bed
Start off a day of cool Mother’s Day gifts with breakfast in bed. Yes, you’ll have to wake up earlier than her (good luck with that!), but it’ll be worth the smile it brings to her face.
Don’t know what to cook for her? Here are a few places to get recipe ideas:
10. A Clean House
Nothing says I love you like going above-and-beyond in the chores department! Cleaning up the entire house is a great gift that she’ll be sure to love.
To get this done, stay up later than her the night before and have the house sparkling by morning! Or, perhaps even better, send her out to a nice breakfast in the morning and clean while she’s gone. That way you don’t have to worry about being loud.
11. Homemade Dinner
If you’re feeling a bit ambitious, put together a home cooked meal for her. Set the table, light some candles, dress up nice and leave the electronics elsewhere.
Having a real family dinner is something that she’ll cherish.
Take the gift a step further by committing to doing this type of dinner at least once a week in the future. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving!
12. An At-Home Spa
Moms work hard. Perhaps harder than anyone else. Give her a much-deserved break by setting up an at-home spa day. Light some candles, play soft music, draw a bath and make sure she’s got a clean robe ready to go.
Just make sure that no one goes knocking on the door. Nothing like a needy, “Moooooooom!”, to ruin a really great spa.
Keep reading for some DIY projects that will enhance this experience even more!
13. A Day of Peace
If you’ve got younger kids still at home, give the gift of peace this Mother’s Day. No, that doesn’t mean you need to send the kids away. Instead, get everyone to agree that no arguing or fussing is allowed all day.
This is a gift that money can’t buy! (Unless, of course, you bribe the kids to make it happen.)
14. Handmade Cards
Pull out the craft paper and make her a really nice card with a sweet note.
This goes over a lot easier with younger kids. But even adult kids can get away with a handmade card. You’ll just need to step up your game a bit.
Here are some resources to help you make something really great, regardless of your age:
15. Hearing Something Nice
“Kind words not only lift our spirits in the moment they are given, but they can linger with us over the years.” – Joseph P. Wirthlin
The work, care and love a Mom gives is pretty underappreciated. It’s easy to take for granted all the awesome things she does on a regular basis.
Make some time to share some kinds words with her this Mother’s Day.
It doesn’t have to be anything over-the-top. Simply sharing a nice thank you is a great way to express your gratitude.
16. A Day at the Salon
If you can afford a nice gift but would rather give her an experience, consider a day at the salon. A new haircut, color, manicures, pedicures… If you go with her it could be a really nice bonding experience too!
17. Watch a Movie Together
Movie night with mom is a wonderful way to spend time together. Whether you’re pulling up Netflix or going out to the movies, grab some popcorn and enjoy the movie!
Here are some movie ideas for you:
18. Open Up to Her
Moms love it when their kids open up to them. While sharing the depths of you soul might not work well as a standalone gift, it’s certainly a great addition to the day.
It could be as simple as asking her advice on a big decision, or sharing something deeply personal that you’ve never told her before. What matters is that you’re being vulnerable and showing just how much you trust her and value her opinion.
You’ll make her feel special. And, most importantly, the two of you could grow closer than ever.
19. Take a Trip Together
Impromptu trips are always fun!
Tap into your Mom’s spontaneous side with a weekend trip. You don’t need to go very far. In fact, simply grabbing a local Airbnb for a staycation could be loads of fun. Explore your town, take some pictures and make it a weekend to remember.
20. Binge-Watch Fuller House
If you’re one of the few people that has yet to watch Fuller House, now’s the time! Cozy up in the living room and go on a binge watching marathon this Mother’s Day.
Now, it doesn’t have to be that show. Of course, you could watch something else that she’s had her eye on lately. These are just some ideas, after all. For the best results, customize my ideas and make them your own!
21. Go for a Walk Around the Neighborhood
The weather has finally warmed up (at least in most places), and nothing says spring quite like a nice walk around the neighborhood. Spend some time chatting or just enjoying the outdoors.
If you wanna take things to the next level, go to a nearby hiking trail. You can pack a picnic and enjoy a nice day outside, soaking in some sun.
22. Take Her Shopping for New Clothes
All our lives, Mom took us shopping for new clothes. And if your Mom was anything like mine, that usually meant she didn’t get to spend as much on clothes for herself as she’d like.
This year, return the favor by taking her on a new clothes shopping spree.
It’ll be an awesome way to spend some time together, and she’ll love the opportunity to go shopping for herself.
23. Hack Her Facebook Account
Sometimes we don’t live close to our moms on Mother’s Day. While this can be a sad thing, it doesn’t mean you can’t bring a smile to her face.
Friends are always hacking each other’s Facebook accounts and posting silly things.
Do the same thing for your Mom. Only, instead of posting something silly, share a really sweet message about how much you love her and wish you could be there. It’s a definite way to make sure she knows you care.
And, if you want to kick it up a notch, don’t just share text. Hack her Facebook and put a video of yourself sharing those words. She’ll love it!
DIY Mother’s Day Gifts to Show Her You Care
Sometimes you’d rather make something really special for her. When we were younger, handmade gifts were all the rage for any holiday. Just because you’re older doesn’t mean you need to give that up.
These DIY Mother’s Day gifts are the perfect way to make her something amazing.
24. Mother’s Day Spa Basket
Help her relax and enjoy the day with this spa basket.
25. Flower Jewelry Dish
This cute jewelry dish shape like a flower can save you from having to buy actual flowers!
26. Mother’s Day Vase
Let Dad buy the flowers, and you create a vase with your face on it.
27. Paper Flower Bouquet
If you can’t afford a huge bouquet, make them yourself for the next best thing.
28. Popsicle Stick Frames
The only thing cuter than these stick frames is the picture you’ll put in it.
29. Sleep Salve
Help Mom get a good night’s rest with this homemade salve.
30. Personalized Polka Dot Mug
If she’s a coffee drinker, she’ll love this polka dot mug.
31. Sweet “Mother” Frame
Use some sweet words to spell out Mother. Bonus points if she really loves Scrabble.
32. Egg Carton Flowers
Another DIY take on flowers. Perfect for kids of all ages!
33. Rose Petal Sugar Scrub
Perfect post-Mother’s Day gift. Once the roses are wilted, put them into this great scrub.
34. Personalized Planter
Mom’s help us grow into functioning adults. Now you can help her plants grow with this planter!
35. Mother’s Day Quote String Art
If you’re feeling really ambitious, give this work of art a try! (Or just buy it from this Etsy shop.)
36. Mom’s Emergency Candy Stash Kit
Every Mom needs an emergency candy stash kit that the kids can’t eat!
37. Tile Photo Coasters
Make her smile for two reasons: let her look at your face and keep rings off the coffee table.
38. DIY Body Scrub
A nice body scrub will be perfect for when she wants to do an at-home spa evening!
39. “Open When” Letters for Mom
Write some really sweet letters. This is bound to be a great gift that she’ll love!
40. DIY Car Trash Can
With kids always making a mess, this car trash can will make keeping things tidy a lot easier.
41. Stress Relieving Foot Soak
Moms are on their feet a lot. Help her cut down on stress with this DIY foot soak recipe.
42. Ice Cream Sundae in a Box
This ice cream sundae box is exactly what she’ll need for a fun night with the family!
43. Bubble Wrap Stress Relief Pack
Who doesn’t love popping bubble wrap? Make these and bring a smile to her face!
44. K-Cup DIY Bath Bomb
This is a really neat way to help both your Mom and the environment!
45. Mixed Wildflower Seed Bombs
Help her with her gardening without actually getting your hands dirty!
46. Scarf Camera Strap
If your Mom loves taking pictures, make her this really neat DIY camera strap.
47. Mod Podge Planter
Create this awesome planter and put her favorite plant in it for Mother’s Day!
48. Soothing Vapor Shower Tabs
Some moms prefer showers to baths. Make these tabs to help her get relaxed in the shower too!
49. What I Love About You Journal
If you’re feeling sentimental and creative, take time to fill out this great journal.
50. Lemon Vanilla Body Butter
She’s sure to love this homemade lemon vanilla body butter!
51. Mommy Survival Kit
Some days are harder than others. This survival kit will help her get through them all.
52. Pain Relieving Bath Soak
After a hard day’s work – whether at home or elsewhere – every mom deserves a nice bath.
53. Cute Flower Pen
My vet has these cute flower pens for signing receipts, and I think your Mom will love them!
54. Lavender Lotion Bars
Help her stay beautiful and relaxed with these lavender lotion bars.
55. Twig Candle Holder
If your Mom loves the rustic look, then she’ll love this DIY candle holder!
56. Stained Glass Art
If you’re feeling really creative, make her some stained glass artwork!
57. Sharpie Glasses
Make some neat glasses for summer with this cool Mother’s Day gift!
58. Melted Crayon Art
Do you have old crayons laying around the house? Melt them down for some cool art!
59. Heart Twig Coasters
Go pick up some stick in the backyard and create these lovely coasters that she’ll love!
60. DIY Beach Towel + Bag
She’ll love showing this off on your next beach vacation.
61. Upcycled Mint Holder
Is your mom always trying to borrow your headphones? Help her keep track with this holder.
62. No-Sew Phone Charging Pouch
This cool Mother’s Day gift is perfect to help her make sure her phone never dies.
63. Flower Crown
She’s a queen, and this crown will help you tell the world.
Cool Mother’s Day Gifts (If You Have Some Money to Spend)
For those that have a budget, these cool Mother’s Day gifts are some great options. I’ve included 45 different ideas to get you started! We’ve got something for all sorts of moms, from the runner to the baker and everything in between.
And, of course, if you have something else to add, make sure to comment below!
64. For the Mom who always has cold toes
65. For the Mom who loves gourmet food
66. For the Mom who needs a bit of stress relief
67. For Moms who need a gentle reminder
68. For when she wants to listen to music
69. For the Mom who never misses a run
70. For the Mom who wore out her last pair of yoga pants
71. So she can wear a less embarrassing fanny pack
72. For when she deserves a bit of pampering
73. For when she wants a spa day at home
74. For the Mom who needs some new loungewear
75. For when she wants to smell fantastic
76. For when she wants the house to smell fantastic
77. To liven up the home a little bit
78. Because nothing says love like chocolate
79. To help her stay relaxed and healthy
80. To keep her pampered and happy
81. For the Mom who loves staying organized
82. So you can share your heart with her
83. So she’ll remember what you look like after you move
84. To keep her chic and environmentally friendly
85. For the artistic Mom who loves childlike pleasures
86. To always remind her of the truth
87. So everyone has a fair warning of her power
88. So she can show off all those embarrassing photos of you
89. To stash candy or other little trinkets
90. So she can finish reading that novel on her nightstand
91. So she can finally run that marathon she keeps talking about
92. To show her just how much you love her
93. A cute piece of art to warm her heart
94. So everyone remember who’s the boss
95. When you finally appreciate just how awesome she is
96. A friendly reminder and cool Mother’s Day gift
97. Because she’s a queen and her bedroom should show it
98. A new charm for her bracelet
99. So she can keep track of everything at the beach
100. To keep her warm and comfy every night
101. To show her how much you miss her
102. For the Mom who loves a hot bath
103. Because we all know who the best cook is
104. Because every Mom needs luxurious robe
105. To remind her that you really are her favorite
106. So that she’ll think of you when she’s cooking
107. And finally, some cute decor that speaks the truth
Subscription Boxes for a Cool Mother’s Day Gift That Keeps on Giving
When giving her a gift just one day out of the year isn’t enough, consider signing her up for a subscription box. These services deliver a box of goodies (usually once a month). Make it Mother’s Day every month of the year!
108. Hobby Box for the Mom that wants to learn new things
109. Scentbird for Moms that always love smelling amazing
110. Monthly Seed Club to help her start that garden she keeps talking about
111. Graze for making snacking easy and healthy all year
112. Stationery Subscription Club for the Mom that loves writing Thank You notes
113. Cocktail Gift Subscriptions to help her with the cocktail parties
114. Raw Spice Bar for the Mom that loves cooking new things
115. Planner Kit for Moms that are trying to juggle too many things
116. Wine of the Month Club to help her relax and enjoy the evening
117. Treatsie for Moms with a major sweet tooth
118. Popcorn Every Month for Moms that love to have movie nights
119. Loot Crate for the Mom that’s (not so) secretly geekier than you
120. Trunk Club to make shopping for clothes easier than ever
121. GlobeIn Artisan Box for Moms that want to experience new things
122. Homegrown Collective to help support local and make the world a bit greener
123. BarkBox for Moms that love the dog as much as she loves you
124. FabFitFun to introduce her to awesome new products
125. Sock Panda for the quirky Mom that loves expressing herself
126. Craft Beef Club for Moms that loves her craft brews
127. Lip Monthly to help keep her lips radiant and beautiful
That’s that! 120+ cool Mother’s Day gifts! Certainly you have numerous ideas bustling in your head for what to do or get her this year. Now it’s time to make it happen!
Do me a favor? If this article has helped you out, share it with others on social media. There are plenty of gift ideas to go around! And if you have an idea that I didn’t put in the article, make sure to leave a comment!